159B3. Bond 5 BIGELOW son of Elisha 4 , Isaac 3 ( Samuel
2, Johnl) and Mary
(KILBORN) BIGELOW, was born 18 May 1755 in Colchester, New London,
CT. He married there on 25 April 1774 Sarah Purple, daughter of David and
Lucy S. (Cone) Purple. She was born 07 July 1758 at East Haddam, Middlesex
county, CT. They lived a few years at Colchester, where five children were
born, then to Salem, CT, but then moved to Springfield, Otsego county, NY.
They were later of Livingston county, NY, but we have been unable to obtain
death dates for either Bond or Sarah. Death of Bond reported after 1800,
age: 44? (Addenda): from a quit-claim deed dated 27 Jan 1810, it states
that Bond was deceasd at that time; this quit-claim lists his children, as
listed, but adds one more daughter, Polly 6 Bigelow, to children
listed; all his children lived in Avon, Ontario co, NY at that time. This
quit-claim deed in Bigelow Society Library.
/Sep 1998...Loring Bigelow
1790 census: CT-New London-Colchester-Bond Bigelow: l-3-3-0-0.
Children of Bond and Sarah (Purple)Bigelow, born Colchester, New London co, CT:
159B3.lt David, b 06 Jan 1775; d 18 Aug 1839 Sardinia, Erie co, NY; m (1)18 Feb 1794 Marsylvia Beebe, who died leaving no issue, and (2)7 Jan 1796 Anna Cone. 9 children.
159B3.2 Jared, b 21 Apr 1778; d 25 Dec 1782.
159B3.3t Samuel, b 15 Oct 1780; d 03 June 1825; m Lydia Jeffords; res Livingston co, NY. Full family not known, but had at least daughter Nancy, sons Bond and Jared.
159B3.4t Jairus, b 09 June 1784; d 12 May 1860 Mundy township, Genesee co, MI; m ca 1804 Lucinda Main. 12 children.
159B3.5 Lucy, b 05 Mar 1787; m Seth Ewer.
The Bigelow Family Genealogy, Vol I pg 143;
Howe, Bigelow Family of America; page 123; 135-399;
various sources NY & MI;
Forge: The Bigelow Society Quarterly, vol.5, pp.49-50;
Forge: The Bigelow Society Quarterly, vol.27, no 4 pg 77-78; Quit claim;
Note from descendant:
Dennis J. Boniface email@example.com
Deer Park, Texas
(5) Bond 5 Bigelow, 18 May 1755-after 1800, Third child and second son of Elisha 4.
(6) David 6 Bigelow, 06 Jan 1775 – 18 Aug 1839, Son of Bond (5)
(7) Reynolds Bigelow, 15 May 1822- Jan 1899, Ninth child and third son of David (6) two sons David R. and Charles B.
(8) David Russell Bigelow, 23 Jun 1848 – 16 Jun 1916, First child and first son of Reynolds (7) Had sons Roy D. and Charles Bigelow
(9) Jessie Lynn Bigelow, 07 Oct 1898 – Jun 1983, Fifth child and third daughter of David (8)
(10) Barbara Ellyn Bohannon 05 Aug 1924 – ( ) First child of Jessie (9)
(11) Lt. Colonel Timothy Robert Ayres, 02 Jan 1945, First child and first son of Barbara (10)